view more art from this project here: metadragonart.deviantart.com/g…
introducing the main character of my new series!
well, if this were a video game and not just a world-building art project, she would be the main protagonist / player controlled character c:
Her name is Bonnie Hopkins. She is a bunny that comes from a family of mechanics. she works part-time with her family at Hopkins Mechanical, a mechanics / repair shop that works on all sorts of mechanical items; from vehicles to miscellaneous trinkets. she is the adventurous type though, and her family realizes that she would rather be an adventurer, so they often sends her out on various miscellaneous tasks for the shop while the rest of them work in-house. However, after recently meeting a socially awkward Sky Pirate captain, that recruited Bonnie to her crew, she is now on an adventure with her new Sky Pirate friends!
so here is a list of some various information bits about her. figured it would be easier to just list some stuff instead of trying to make a cohesive paragraph.
- her name is Bonnie Hopkins.
- she lives in the sky city Miria, with her family at Hopkins Mechanical (there is a living section near the shop), though she now spends many nights with her new Sky Pirate friends instead.
- speaking of, she recently became a Sky Pirate.
- she is an adventurous type of girl that loves exploring new places or just traveling around Miria in general.
- she usually wears a modified mechanics jumpsuit (that her grandma helped her make).
- she's a kind, polite girl, though for some reason she very much likes the idea of whacking people with a giant wrench.
-speaking of, she likes to lug around a giant wrench.
- she likes to help people out.
- she prefers to keep her hair in braids.
- she wears the military dog tags of her deceased uncle, Oscar E Hopkins. Oscar was a Contract Cybernetics Surgeon that was sometimes called on by the military to help out in the various ground-settlements. the sky cities (which are floating cities) were constructed as a way for the population to have guaranteed safety from the dangerous creatures that stalked the ground. however, there are still plenty of ground cities, settlements, resource areas (like mines), and whatnot. these cities often have military personnel stationed at them in order to provide protection. Oscar was called on when these ground cities needed assistance with cybernetic surgeries, considering how talented he was. unfortunately, the city that he was currently stationed at was attacked by the dangerous creatures that had been stalking the area for a while. entire hordes of ravage beasts stormed the city, destroying everything. this was an attack on a scale that was never seen in modern times before, and only about a quarter of the population of the city made it out alive. Oscar was not among the survivors. the city was abandoned completely and the bodies couldn't be recovered. the only reason why Oscar's family was even able to get his dog tags was because Oscar had handed them to another soldier to hang on to while he performed a surgery on a patient, who would later give the tags to Oscar's family.
- she absolutely adored and idolized her uncle Oscar, to the point where her family would secretly joke about Bonnie potentially having a huge crush on him. He was a second uncle, hence why Bonnie's family were never NEARLY as weirded out by it as they could have been, if he was a first uncle. Not to mention that Oscar was quite young, for an uncle.
- Bonnie wasn't originally into mechanics, or adventuring. she started getting into those things because it's what her uncle Oscar did all the time. he was her best friend for the longest time, and she wanted to be just like him.
- after Oscar died, Bonnie started to resent the military. she thought that if the military hadn't of taken Oscar to the ground, then he would still be alive. this only got worse after there was a scandal about the incident about how the military had started picking off resources from the area before the attack; including weapons, medical supplies, food, and personnel.
- the Hopkins family were never too keen about Sky Pirates, but Oscar and Bonnie both thought they were awesome. Bonnie's family did not approve of her joining a Sky Pirate crew at all, but eventually came around and somewhat accepted it after Bonnie introduced the captain to them.
- she has a very solid understanding of the layout of the section of the city she lives in. however, it's still only one part of the city, and Miria is a huge place, so there's still a ton of places she doesnt know a lot about yet. luckily, her adventures with her sky pirate friends take her all over the city, including places she would normally never be allowed to go near.
- she is very good at mentally mapping out an area, much to the delight of the sky pirates.
- she has quite a bit of stamina in her. she could whack as many people with her wrench as she wanted!
- she is very curious about things. she loves finding out what's in this area, or what this trinket does, or what this person is like.
- she does not like carrot juice.
- she can get very determined about stuff. if she wants to explore an area, she won't stop until she's in.
resources used are from: www.textures.com/